- established 2009 in Strasbourg
- joined YEBN in 2010
- membership all students in Life Sciences, Biotechnology (from Universities, Schools of Engineering and other higher level education)
- website http://www.ngb-france.org/
NGB tries to bring students and young scientists involved in Biotechnologies and other Life Sciences together and to provide them support through information gathering & broadcasting as well as organization of events to facilitate the contacts between students and professionals. We try to make them aware of their opportunities (study courses, work placements…) and to advice them in their choice of careers. Our goal is to promote the cooperation and communication and to enable everyone to build their own career plan.
- Comm4Biotech: first edition in Strasbourg (2011) and in Heidelberg (2013), in partnership with the German association btS about communication in Life Science. (http://comm4biotech.eu/)
- Industry Careers Forum (2012): conferences, workshops, CVs correction and simulation of job interviews
- partnership with Biofutur magazine (one free article per month)
- internship platform and job offers and advice on our website
- publication of one alternative science career interview per month
Monthy conferences (started in 2013): each month, speakers from academia or industry are invited to present their professional career and their current job.
Development of the professional section on our website (advice, articles, interviews)
Extension of the association throughout France (in particular partnerships with French associations in other cities)
at YEBN annual meeting, 1st Dec. 2013 in Heidelberg: NGB_english presentation