- You started working with the YEBN team this year. As a new member of the YEBN team, what are your goals and hopes for YEBN in 2019/2020?
I hope that in the near future we will find and start cooperating with new Institutional Members, discover other funding opportunities and co-organize interesting networking events together with other associations.
- You have already made extensive experiences with different forms of associations. What, in your opinion, makes YEBN special?
In my opinion this what makes YEBN special are especially the people who are the part of the organization, their passion for life sciences and how much they are involved in YEBN.
- What are your long-term visions for YEBN?
YEBN is an a great network for everyone interested in biotechnology and life sciences. I hope that in the future YEBN will be very well known among biotech student and that in each european country there will be at least one institutional member, so that we can organize many interesting international events together to promote Life Sciences.
- What are you working on in your job?
Currently I am doing PhD in Bioinformatics with the main focus on development of tools for gene expression data analysis.
- What is your favourite task in the lab? Is there a task in the lab that you dislike?
I don’t work in the wet lab anymore, but what I definitely don’t miss is pipetting in 384 well-plates. But all the
- What would your job be if you wouldn’t work in life sciences?
There are plenty of things, which I wanted to try, but most probably this would be something related to international relations or audit.
- What do you do in your free time?
This changes from time to time but for now it’s mainly jogging, playing badminton and sewing. What I’m never tired of is hanging out with friends and reading some good books.
- Did you ever live / study / work abroad? Where? Please share your experience.
Yes, I was studying in Berlin, Germany. And for a short time I was living in Lausanne, Switzerland, where I was doing an internship.
- What are your plans /hopes /goals for the future? Would you rather work in academia or industry?
For now I think that after finishing PhD I would prefer to stay in academia, however I’m not saying no to industry and I am always open to new possibilities.
- Would you like to live abroad again and if yes, where and why?
Living abroad is an interesting and unique experience, so I would definitely like to live abroad again. But I’m not decided yet where exactly.
- Which is the most important thing you’ve learned until now and that you would give as an advice to others?
Don’t be afraid of asking others for help and advice, you can be surprised how much people like to help.